Cottage cheese is a great ingredient to easily add to your pancakes for a health boost. It’s a low-calorie cheese that is packed with a lot of protein and essential nutrients. It’s soft, creamy and has a very mild flavour. So here comes an easy healthy recipe where flour is also replaced with oatmeal-flour.. just to stay on the healthy track!
Makes about 15-17 little pancakes
1 cup oatmeal
3-4 tbsp cottage cheese
5 tbsp milk (almond milk if you have)
1 1/2 mashed banana
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp vanilla powder
- Blend oatmeal (I used my smoothieblender. Just blend a little bit at a time.)
- Add blended oatmeal, cottage cheese and eggs in a bowl. Mix it with a handmixer.
- Add in the milk, mashed banana, baking powder and vanilla. Give it a little mix until it’s an even batter.
- Heat a pan and pour batter to create about 3 pancakes. Cook it on low to medium heat. Flip the pancakes when bubbles appear on surface.
- Serve it with fresh berry, banana and peanutbutter – or anything else you’d like =)