I made these cupcakes for some months ago and it’s definetely one of my favourite cupcakes! Honestly I’m not a big fan of banana cupcakes but this one just made it all the way..
I had just moved out for university and at that time one of my friends asked me to bake cupcakes for a surprise birthday party. I was staying at her place, so together we did some quick brainstorming as she wanted the cupcakes to have a little personal touch. Banana flavour.. Chocolate.. Minnie Mouse.. Great ideas to create something! But we had very little time and just grabbed what we could find.. and did the best we could ._.
It’s such a fluffy and delicious cupcake – and extremely easy to make! 🙂
Makes about 30 cupcakes
250 gram butter (room temperature)
300 gram sugar
400 gram flour
4 tsp bakingpowder
2 tsp vanillapowder (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
180 gram chocolate of your choice (I’ll definitely recommend dark chocolate for this one)
4 eggs (room temperature)
2 tbsp whole milk
1. Beat sugar, eggs and vanilla in a bowl with a mixer. Mix until it forms fine little bubbles.
2. Melt butter (over a water bath, on the stove or in the microwave.)
3. Sift together the flour and baking powder (very important!) and add bit by bit into the sugar-egg mixture.
4. Add in the mashed banana and carefully mix it all together.
5. Add in the chocolate (chop it if it’s not chip) And next add in milk and mix together (still very carefully).
6. Preheat your oven to 200 degree C (convection/varmluft)
7. Scoop the batter into your cupcake forms. Make sure it’s only filled 3/4 way up.
8. Bake for 15-20 min. Let it cool before decorating.