Here comes a very requested cupcake recipe. My uncle from Canada came to visit last year and he brought boxes of Ferrero Rocher (#myfatfamily woop -.-‘). I love love love looove Ferrero Rocher and knew exactly what I wanted to try out.
So here it is; One hell of a nutella-chocolate-lover cupcake! I feel like it’s a very delicious cupcake in the heavy category – so it would probably also work great as a dessert. The cupcake might seem a bit difficult but it’s surprisingly easy to make.
Makes about 12 cupcakes
125 g flour
1,2 tsp bakingpowder and baking soda
1,2 tsp salt
63 g cocoa
225 g sugar
113 g butter, room temperature
1,25 dl water
1 tsk instant coffee powder
- Beat together sugar and butter until it’s a creamy consistency. Add eggs, vanilla and continue beating until it forms bubbles on the surface.
- Add flour, bakingpowder, baking soda, salt and cocoa and stir a little. Add warm water mixed with instant coffee powder and mix it all together carefully until the batter is even.
- Scoop the batter into your cupcake forms until it’s filled 1/2 way up. Place a Ferrero Rocher in the middle and add a little bit of batter just enough to hide the ferrero rocher!
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C (convection/varmluft) and bake it for 12-15 minutes. Let it cool down completely before piping whipped cream frosting on top!
Whipped Cream Nutella Frosting
170 g butter, room temperature
180 g nutella
220 g powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp heavy cream
- Whisk butter and nutella together until it’s combined.
- Continue whisking at low speed while adding powdered sugar, vanilla extract and heavy cream.
- Turn to medium speed and whisk a few minutes until it’s soft and fluffy.
- Pour it into a piping bag and pipe on cupcakes
Decoration Tips! Pipe whipped cream nutella frosting and roll it in crusted hazelnut. Add a Ferrero Rocher on top and decorate with nutella =)