A lot of you might know the tortilla wrapped salmon rolls. Last year I got introduced to these beautiful bites which is a little twist on the classics. These spinach-salmon rolls work so well as an appetizer, picnic-snack or something different to add to your daily lunch box. I’m usually not that much into spinach but in this case I love love looove the combination with smoked salmon, spinach and cream cheese. It’s absolutely delicious, light and easy to make!
350 gram spinach
3 eggs (yolk and white seperated)
1 dl whipping cream
1/2 tsp pepper and salt
200 gram Cream Cheese (Philadelphia with herbs)
300 gram smoked salmon
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees celcius (varmluft)
2. Give spinach a quick blend in a foodprocesser. Mix egg yolk, spinach, salt and pepper together.
3. Beat the egg whites until it forms stiff peaks and add it into the eggyolk-spinah mixture. Fold it together gently.
4. Pour the mixture over a baking sheet in a baking tray so it has a thickness around 1 cm height. Bake it in the oven for 20 min (the roll will get slightly golden brown)
5. When it’s done let it cool down before spreading cream cheese and smoked salmon on top. I prefer to use Philadelphia Herb Cream Cheese. It’s rich in flavour and a perfect match for salmon.
6. Roll it and leave it in the refrigerator (at least an hour) and slice it when serving.
(Look how fluffy that spinach roll is.. *sigh* <3 )