It’s so rainy and cold outside these days. I’m feeling so lazy and trying to find the motivation to go to uni. I mostly want to stay home where you can create your own kind of study-atmosphere.. and make yourself small treats in the break time :3
Hot chocolate (with whipped cream!), coffee, latté, tea, cake and different kind of porridges is my currently favourite in-between things to eat and drink. I’m also a big fan of making a chocolate soufflé once in a while. Especially when it’s around midnight and you crave something warm and chocolatey. It’s a perfect night snack and perfect in this cold cold weather..
My favourite thing about this chocolate soufflé is that it requires very few ingredients and all ingredients are something that you mostly have on hand.. and then, in no time, you have the most fluffy delicious little thing that you can eat ASAP!
You’ve probably heard a lot about how difficult it is to make, and most people say you have to be very delicate with soufflés. Personally, with all my attempts, I have to agree. It’s all about working gently with the mixtures. But once you’ve got it right, you’re good to go (Y)
152 gram Nutella (it’s around 7-8 tbsp)
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
melted butter and cocoapowder for coating
- Preheat oven to 190 ℃.
- Mix egg yolk, nutella, vanilla extract (optional) and sugar together
- Beat egg whites until it’s fluffy (foam-kinda texture)
- Take 1/3 of your egg whites and mix it with egg-yolk mixture until it’s even. Then gently fold rest of the egg whites in.
- Bake for 17 minutes and serve immediately.
Serving tips: You can serve it with whipped cream, ice-cream or keep it simple as I did and just sprinkle some confectioners sugar.
– NO WORRIES it’s normal for the soufflé to collapse in the end after rising!
– Don’t open the oven while it’s baking. It can cause it to sink.
It was soo so hot when it came out of the oven. And I was in a hurry, so I didn’t get to a take a picture of it when it was fully rised in the beginning. It collapses so quickly! -_-