I’ve been craving waffles for a while so I made a batch of golden crispy waffles this weekend. These delicious waffles take nothing more than a bowl, a few ingredients that you probably have on hand… and oh yeah, a waffle iron. We’ve had our waffle iron for many years now and it’s definetely something you won’t regret buying. It’s so nice to have when it’s around winter and Christmas, and you want to make something cozy and delicious ^_^
Let’s head over to the ingredients!
200 gram flour
75 gram sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla powder
50 gram melted butter
4 dl whole milk
- Combine all the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder and vanilla powder) in a bowl.
- Add the egg and whisk. Slowly begin adding milk a little bit at a time and whisk until it’s all well incorporated.
- Add the melted butter and combine it all.
- Let it sit for 30 min. (or 1 hour) in the fridge (NOTE: you can skip this step if you want to! It will just make your waffles even more crispy)
- Turn on your waffle iron, pour some batter and let it bake until the waffle is golden brown.. and then serve! ^_^
There you go! 😀
Serving tips: You can serve it with nutella, jam, confectioners sugar, icecream, whipped cream, strawberries, banana.. you name it! Sometimes I even like to eat them all plain without anything because they’re so crispy. And pair it beside a glass of milk.. yumyum ._.